Medical Office Administrative Assistant With Phlebotomy skills.
Office Location: Woodbrook, Port of Spain.
Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The Medical Administrative assistant is responsible for the smooth and efficient functioning of the Medical Office by providing support and assistance to the Physician and patients, ensuring that all parties are provided with the highest quality of service and health care.
- Minimum 5 O’ levels, including Mathematics and English.
(A very basic accounting knowledge or use of accounting software would be helpful).
- Experienced in basic Phlebotomy. – Certification not required.
- Certification in Microsoft Word, Excel and Office.
- Having working knowledge of the Apple iMac would definitely be an asset.
- Applicants must have an understanding and working knowledge of medical office administrative procedures, filing and record keeping systems.
- At least one year of experience in the medical field.
Required Personality traits:
• Must be a mature, responsible, analytical thinker and people oriented.
• Quick learner
• Pleasant and courteous
• Neat and hygienic
• Gets along well with others
• Trustworthy, discrete and respectful.
• Must be highly organized, have an eye for detail, be able to multitask and stay calm should any problems arise.
• Discretion and confidentiality are absolutely essential.
Duties: (include but not limited to)
• Answering telephones, responding to and directing calls appropriately.
• Perform medical clerical duties.
• Taking blood specimens for rapid testing, and for sending out to test.
• Speaking with patients to complete documents, or forms such as patient intake and insurance forms.
• Receiving and routing messages and documents such as laboratory results, appropriately.
• Assist in compiling and recording medical charts, reports, and correspondences.
• Transmit correspondence or medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax. (Also: SMS.
Whatsapp, FB Messenger, Instagram Messaging).
• Maintain medical records, and correspondence files
• Transcribe recorded messages or practitioners' diagnoses or recommendations into patients' medical records.
• Perform various clerical or administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
• Errands such as obtaining office supplies, payment of NIS and Health Surcharge fees, basic banking errands (Payments etc.).
• Assist in keeping the physician organized and productive.
• Assist with personal and business tasks.
• Drafting and preparing correspondence to medical patients and business clients.
• Prioritize calls that should be put through and those that can wait. Your phone etiquette must be polite and professional at all times.
• Organizing the physician’s schedule and being able to coordinate various details into one seamless itinerary.
• Carry out very basic research in a multitude of medical and some non-medical areas.
• Covid-19 Vaccination is NOT required.
Salary commensurate with level of qualification and experience.
Please send resumes to:
Kindly note that all resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter, with a brief description as to why you think you would be a suitable candidate for the position, as well as copies of certificates.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.